#4 on the list of "8 Things Every Business Owner Should Know How to Do In QuickBooks"
How to Run an Open Invoices Report in QuickBooks
- HOW? Reports – Customers & Receivables – Open Invoices
- WHAT TO LOOK FOR:
- Only invoices for which you haven’t received payment should be listed.
- If there is a negative balance, look at the “Type” column. If you see:
- Credit Memo = A Credit Memo was entered reducing the amount a customer owes you
- Payment = A Customer Payment was received, but has not been applied to an invoice. To apply the payment:
- Customers – Receive Payments – Discounts & Credits
- Deposit = A Deposit was entered directly to Accounts Receivable. To apply the payment:
- If Deposit is reconciled: Customers – Receive Payments – Discounts & Credits
- If Deposit is NOT reconciled: Delete the deposit, then re-enter the correct way: Customers – Receive Payments – Check off invoice